Oil and gas exploration
The Resistivity Method is often used in conjunction with Magnetotellurics to survey the ground immediately below the surface (down to 30 meters). Base Metals:
- Massive: Gravity; Magnetics; Induced Polarization.
- Disseminated: Induced Polarization; Magnetics.
- Magnetics; Induced Polarization.
- Coal: Resistivity; Induced Polarization.
- Salt: Gravity; Resistivity; Magnetics.
- Determining the thickness of shallow formations using resistivity.
- Mapping of the basement rocks and their lithology using Resistivity, and Induced Polarization.
- Determining the optimum route for planned roads, railways, power lines or pipes using Resistivity.
- Evaluation of building material (Sands, Gravels, Clays) using Resistivity, Induced Polarization and Magnetic surveys.
- Evaluation of soil corrosiveness within planned routes for pipelines using Resistivity.
- Detection of buried metal pipes and other objects using Magnetics, Misse a la Masse and Resistivity.
- Study of corrosion on buried metal pipes, using Spontaneous Potential.
Field data acquisition
- Evaluation of the bulk porosity and filtrating capacities of the rocks using Resistivity and Induced Polarization.
- Mapping of buried paleo-valleys using Resistivity, Induced Polarization and Spontaneous Potential.
- Determination of the displacement direction and speed of subterranean water using Misse a la Masse and Resistivity.
- Identification of saline water zones in aquifers using Resistivity and Induced Polarization.
- Problems of karsts morphology using Resistivity, Induced Polarization and Misse a la Masse.
Services are performed to the highest international standards and include:
- Geophysical Survey Evaluation and Design.
- Surveying and Scouting.
- Field project pre-planning, production follow-up and data quality assurance.
- Field processing for data quality assurance.
- Recording Equipment maintenance.
- Field data processing and geophysical data interpretation are carried out by our specialised field personnel and at the company headquarters in Bucharest.
- QHS&E management in compliance with internal procedures and international standards.
Raw data processed with:
- GEOSYSTEM WinGLink® used for the processing of the data acquired with Magnetotelluric and DC Resistivity (Vertical Electric Sounding) Methods as well as those acquired with Gravity and Magnetic Methods.
- AUTODESK AutoCAD® Map 3D and Civil 3D used for CAD and GIS projects.
- AUTODESK AutoCAD® Raster Design used for CAD and GIS projects.
- GOLDEN SOFTWARE Surfer® 8 used for various data processing projects.
Large datasets can be processed with these software applications. We also have extensive experience in re-processing.
Interpretation of the results
- Correlation and integration of geophysical and geological information.
- Litho-structural interpretation.
- Highlighting of structures shown in 2D and/or 3D models, that could contain potential accumulations of metal and non-metal bearing minerals, water and for hydrocarbons (in conjunction with Magnetotelluric methods).
- The results of DC Electrical Method surveys are presented to the client in a full report which typically includes contour maps, profiles and cross-sections of modeled depths, thicknesses and the physical features of subsurface rock structures. All reports / presentations can be tailored to the requirements of the client.