No. of job openings: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Middle Level
- University degree in economics;
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in tax consulting (plus experience in a Big Four company);
- Advantage holding specialized studies: OMF; IFRS;
- Knowledge of operating in an ERP system, preferably SAP - advanced;
- English - proficient, written and spoken;
- MS Office package - advanced;
- Availability to travel, mainly to tax authorities, foreign travel sometimes, but not only.
- Documents, updates and prepares the drafts of fiscal informative flash reports and/or the internal fiscal procedures issued for changes in fiscal legislations or/and for detailing on certain unclear fiscal aspects related to the day to day business of the company in order to help the management and the other departments of the company understanding the fiscal implications of different aspects of their work and the importance of fulfilling the tax obligations.
- Documents and supports the Tax Manager in analysing and understanding international taxation from different jurisdictions where the company operates or intends to operate in order to inform the management and the interested departments on the fiscal implications in those jurisdictions and to prepare for any necessary action in respect of fiscal registration, tax exemption requests or any other fiscal related actions in those jurisdictions;
- Gives assistance to the financial dept colleagues in assessing the fiscal treatment of different business operations developed by the company, based on which they would perform their accounting entries and ask for necessary information in order to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the fiscal documentations and ensure that the related taxes (VAT, WHT, etc) are computed as per the provisions of the fiscal legislation;
- Supports the Tax Manager in analysing the tax provisions in the contracts concluded with the suppliers and the clients in order to minimize any additional tax exposures that may arise;
- Manages and maintains the relationships with different Authorities inside and outside Romania and with fiscal consultants in order to ensure the compliance with the fiscal legislation outside Romania and identify/ solve any possible tax compliance issues in time or and save any possible taxes (e.g. VAT from other EU member states; letters to the Tax Authorities etc);
- Analysis and monitors the existence of back up documentation for sustaining the treatment of profit tax, VAT, WHT, etc in order to minimize any additional tax exposures and profit of the tax savings that such documents could bring, according to the local legislation, EU legislation and Double Tax Treaties in place;
- Verifies and reconciles the tax returns and different tax related documentation prepared by the Junior Tax Specialist; the tax declared in order to ensure the compliance with the fiscal legislation and identify/ solve any possible tax compliance issues in time;
- Supports and helps the Tax Manager , the Junior Tax Specialist to manage different tax situations in order to increase the efficiency of the processes.