Oil and Gas
Magnetic Surveys, usually combined with magnetotelluric and gravity surveys, are used to determine the location and size of the major source structures which contain accumulations of hydrocarbons.
Base Metals Massive
- Use Gravity; Magnetic; Induced Polarization
- Disseminated: Use Induced Polarization; Magnetics
- Precious Metals: Use Magnetic Surveys; Induced Polarization
- Iron: Use Magnetics surveys and Gravity surveys
- Salt: Gravity; Resistivity; Magnetics; Geologic Mapping: Magnetics
- Used for the evaluation of building material, combined with Resistivity and Induced Polarisation.
- Detection of buried metal pipes and other magnetically sensitive objects, sometimes combined with Misse a La Masse and Resistivity.
- Used for locating iron rich accumulations in the furnaces / cinder yards.
Field data acquisition
- Used for the determination of the overall structures which support aquifers.
Services are provided to the highest international standards and include:
- Geophysical Survey Evaluation and Design.
- Surveying and Scouting.
- Field project pre-planning, production follow-up and data quality assurance.
- Field processing for data quality assurance.
- Recording Equipment maintenance.
- Field data processing and geophysical data interpretation.
- HSE&Q management.
Processing of raw data using the following software applications:
- GEOSOFT Oasis montaj® used for the processing of the data acquired with Gravity and Magnetic Methods and specific database management.
- GEOSOFT GM-SYS® provides an interface for interactively creating and manipulating models to fit observed gravity and/or magnetic data. Calculated responses change instantaneously as the model is changed, speeding the interpretation process and enabling to test alternative solutions.
- GEOSYSTEM WinGLink® Used for the processing of the data acquired with Magnetic surveys, Gravity Surveys, Magnetotelluric surveys and DC Resistivity (Vertical Electric Sounding).
- AUTODESK AutoCAD® Map 3D and Civil 3D used for CAD and GIS projects.
- AUTODESK AutoCAD® Raster Design used for CAD and GIS projects.
- GOLDEN SOFTWARE Surfer® 8.
Large datasets are processed or re-processed using these software packages.
Interpretation of the obtained results
- Correlation and integration of geophysical and geological information.
- Litho-structural interpretation.
- Highlighting of structures shown in 2D and/or 3D models, that could contain potential accumulations of metal and non-metal bearing minerals, water and for hydrocarbons.
- The results of Magnetic surveys are presented to the client in a full report which typically includes contour maps, profiles and cross-sections of modeled depths, thicknesses and the physical features of subsurface rock structures. All reports / presentations can be tailored to the requirements of the client.