Oil and gas exploration
Magnetotelluric surveys are used in conjunction with magnetic and gravity surveys to determine the overall structure in which hydrocarbons accumulate.
Magnetotelluric surveys are used in conjunction with magnetic and gravity surveys to determine the overall structure of an aquifer.
Field data acquisition
Services are performed to the highest international standards and include:
- Geophysical Survey Evaluation and Design
- Surveying and Scouting
- Field project pre-plan, production follow-up and data quality assurance
- Field processing for data quality assurance
- Recording Equipment maintenance
- Processing of field data and geophysical data interpretation carried out by our personnel in the field and at the company headquarters in Bucharest
- QHS&E management, in compliance with internal and industry standards
Processing of raw data acquisitioned with Magnetotelluric method is made with the following software:
Interpretation of the results
- GEOSYSTEM WinGLink® used for the processing of the data acquired with Magnetotelluric and DC Resistivity (Vertical Electric Sounding) Methods as well as those acquired with Gravity and Magnetic Methods.
- AUTODESK AutoCAD® Map 3D and Civil 3D used for CAD and GIS projects.
- AUTODESK AutoCAD® Raster Design used for CAD and GIS projects.
- GOLDEN SOFTWARE Surfer® 8 used in various data processing. Large datasets can be processed with these software applications. We also have experience in re-processing.
- Correlation and integration of geophysical and geological information.
- Litho-structural interpretation of the results.
- Highlighting of structures shown in 2D and/or 3D models, that could contain potential accumulations of hydrocarbon or water.
- The results of Magnetotelluric surveys are presented to the client in a full report which typically includes contour maps, profiles and cross-sections showing modeled depths, thicknesses and physical features of subsurface rock structures. Presentations/reports can be tailored to client requirements.